Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Prediction: June Baby!

Well my appointment today was awfully uneventful, but that's perfectly fine with me  :)  STILL no dilation or any other progress... and even though the baby is most likely going to be substantial in size, I will be allowed to go past my due date because the amniotic fluid level is still just fine.  Next week I go in on Monday (at 39 weeks 3 days) at which point the doctor may try a natural induction method to see if labor can get started.  If nothing happens by June 5 (my due date), I will be scheduled for another ultrasound to determine what the fluid levels are looking like, etc.  Hopefully she decides to come out before the rapture, but who knows?! 

I'm not nearly as impatient as I thought I would be at this point.  I actually think I was more impatient 2 weeks ago for whatever reason.  But now I'm just glad to still be pregnant & feeling good (I have no complaints), and enjoying the last bit of peace & quiet I'll have for, well, 60 years or so!  PLUS, I'm very glad Peter's best friend, Chris, will most likely be here when Elise is born.  He arrives Saturday (we're counting down!) and will be here with us for 2 weeks as our personal chef, chauffeur, maid, entertainment, errand-runner, etc etc.  Chris, you DID know you had a job description while visiting, correct??

I think that's about it for now...  I'm off to eat something & see what kind of damage I can do to the scale at my next appointment.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! That, along with my "regular" 80hr/week job, will be a PIECE 'O CAKE!!

    ReplyDelete