Saturday, May 16, 2009

T minus 3 weeks

Well I hit the 37-week mark Friday, which means I am officially full term and could have this baby at any time without issue.  Let's hope that doesn't actually happen though!  I get excited at the thought of Elise coming very soon (mostly so I can MOVE again), but then I know things will be crazy for, oh, the next 60 years of my life  :)   I'm looking forward to ultrasound day on Monday (18th) to determine her estimated size & see what, if anything, comes of that appointment.  Who knows - I could be induced in a week, or I could end up going a week and a half past my due date.  We'll see!

For those of you who perhaps skipped the first paragraph and are more visually stimulated, I entice you with a few photos:

This is the crib I got on craigslist for $40!  My dear husband & father-in-law spent plenty of time finding the right hardware to put the thing together, as the person who sold it to me had kept NONE of the hardware (who does that?).  Then Peter sanded & stained the rough areas so it could turn out looking like this.  What a guy  :)  And I believe I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to make the bedding for Elise's crib... So there ya go - a picture of the bedding.  I can't claim to have made ALL of what you see (the yellow fitted sheet & the pretty pink blanket were purchased), but the bedskirt, bumper, and two pillows were what I came up with over the last week or so.  It was fun to be a little creative before I no longer have time for such things  :)

A close-up photo of the two pillows I made & the bumper behind.


I simply couldn't resist posting pictures of my perfect puppies (alliteration is fun!)...  Above is our lovely Brie with her daddy & grandpa, and below is Lucy "smiling" having just played with Bryan which completely wore her out.  

I certainly hope you're satisfied with this weekend's post (Andrea) - I will certainly be updating Monday after my ultrasound & 38-week appointment.  Until then, I bid you adieu (and urge some of you to do a little updating of your own!).

4 comments:

  1. The bedding is beautiful! You're going to be a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so Martha Stewart....and I am inticed with as many pictures as you got!! So soon!! Can't wait for you!! I know you're ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH!! it's so cute!


    can't wait to see her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what the crib is missing!!! And I've got what it needs :-D

    ReplyDelete