Friday, May 1, 2009

35 weeks & final baby shower :)

Today I am 35 weeks pregnant & getting bigger even as I type.  Agh!!!  I (surprisingly) have no stretch marks yet, but I'm sure I will soon be plagued by disfigurement in one form or another.  I go to the doctor on Monday (I'm thinkin I'll show up no more than 10 minutes early for that appt) & thus begin my weekly appointments.  We'll see how it goes!  I'm excited to know why my doc thinks, as it's been a month since I've seen her personally - my last appt was with another doc in the practice.  


Yesterday was my 3rd and final baby shower... It was so much fun!  Peter's aunt Robin & "cousin-in-law" Alicia put it all together & it was absolutely amazing.  The details involved were insane!  Alicia even went to the effort of stuffing egg shells with potting soil & putting baby begonias inside, then placing each egg shell in a single styrofoam egg carton container.  Can you imagine?!  They also made deeeelicious food, an adorable diaper cake with a little piglet on top!, and also put together a great gift basket for me.  It was above & beyond.  And to top things off, the shower turned out being ONLY family in attendance, which was so much fun!  I got to hang out with Peter's side of the family and my side of the family & simply enjoy everyone's company  :)



Alicia & all the yummy food she made!


"Holy Cow Cupcakes" - a new place up in Carmel... they were gooooood

Diaper cake with Piglet on top - adorable!

A lovely Bible verse I plan on framing - and notice the egg shells stuffed with begonias!

A pair of super cute shoes my Aunt Chris picked out for Elise!

The AMAZING diaper cake Sarah made for me...  seriously, awesome!

With Alicia & Robin

2 comments:

  1. You are the cutest pregnant woman ever!!

    What a wonderful shower...so much effort to make all the details just right! You are so loved! :)

    and don't think I forgot the significance of the pig. I'll never forget what you said about being pink! :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot to RSVP to this one, but I wouldn't have been able to make it with the kids at that time. =( Sorry about that. BUT, I'm glad to hear you had fun with family! And I, too, will be at the doctor's office Monday morning around 10 for my own appointment, so maybe I'll see ya there! =)

    ReplyDelete