Monday, May 18, 2009

She's a FATTY (in a good way) :)

Okay, so the verdict from the ultrasound says she's currently 

8 lbs 11 oz 

at 37 weeks and 3 days along. HAHA! That means if I go full term, she would be a solid 10 - 10 1/2 lbs. I am hopeful that won't be happening! Other than finding out that she's rather hefty, no other news is to be reported. No dilation & no plans to induce as of yet. I don't think the doctor plans on allowing me to go all the way to June 5 (& therefore deliver a 10- or 10 1/2-lb. baby), so perhaps next week we'll bring up talk of induction. But what do I know?

I'm pretty excited to know that she's on the big size, just because I know big babies can fight off ailments a little bit better than small babies. I say that having been a 10 lb. 1 1/2 oz. baby who was in intensive care for __ days (my mom can fill in the blank)... My mom looked at me lying next to so many premature babies, some of whom wouldn't make it, and knew that I would be just fine. So I'm all for a big, fat, healthy baby! :) Now it's just a matter of getting 9+ lbs OUT.

That's all for now - I'll post a pic of the ultrasound in a few hours - she's pretty cute :)

4 comments:

  1. Darn it all, my May 19th prediction just might not happen...HOWEVER, it still COULD happen overnight...=/ And you'll do fine getting a big baby out! You're definitely not the first, and I will give you some serious props WHEN you push her out with no drugs...you. are. awesome. (Notice I didn't say "IF you push her out with no drugs." I have that much faith in you). =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just six short years ago, I was in your shoes...our first baby was 9lbs. 7oz. You can do it! Hang in there these last few days... I think God made the end of pregnancy miserable to prepare you for what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is the phrase "you can do it, put your back in to it" extremely inappropriate? hehe I'm sure it is, but too bad. I know you can do it! ;)

    I too was a big baby in the ICU, for 10 days in fact, with the flu...there are pictures of me filling up an entire incubator (head to toe) next to the record lowest survival birth weight baby at the time who was the size of your hand. talk about awkward...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rebecca! Yes I remember your sweet girl coming (ON MY BIRTHDAY, no less) 6 years ago - I can't believe that much time has passed though. Hopefully I'll have a big, healthy baby before June 5 (or they may have to remove her by other means) :)

    ReplyDelete