Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hospital Pics - Round 1

Hello all - Elizabeth reporting here.  Everything's going well today...  I got to sleep a few times since the C-section, waking up only to have my vitals checked & to nurse the baby.  I feel a nap coming on sometime soon, but I will make it through all the visitors first & then fall back asleep  :)  

I want to be sure and express the deep gratitude I have for everyone who supported us over the past couple days during labor/delivery.  It was certainly a long 37 hours, and although I HAD to be present the entire 37 hours, all my family and friends didn't need to be.  So the notion that you all stayed by my side by choice is something I so appreciate.  Thank you for coaching me, supporting me, encouraging me, and just standing by my side that entire time.  I can honestly say that, although frustrating toward the end, labor wasn't a horrible experience and isn't something I would ever dread doing again.... and I know I can attribute that to being with loved ones throughout the whole thing.  So THANK YOU!  Love you all!

Below are JUST a few pictures from our time here so far.  Peter has predominantly been using the video camera for still shots (as well as movies), and the pics below are from just our normal camera.  If I knew how to transfer pics from the video camera, I would do that now as well.  You'll just have to wait for Peter to do that though!  Until then, enjoy a few glimpses of the before & after of Elise's arrival!


I'm so ticked I didn't taken an "official" 40-week pictures like I had been doing every week prior to delivery.  So this is as good as I could do!



Gram & Peter waiting, waiting, waiting....



Peter all dressed up for the OR



Baby Elise getting all cleaned up!



Sweet baby girl with her sweet daddy - look at that blonde hair!


Elise with one set of her grandparents  :)

More pictures to come SOON!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Congratulations!! She is so beautiful. And look at all the blonde hair. Going to be just like her Mom. :) How are you feeling? This is Marianne btw, I think I may be logged in as Mark! So excited and happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blonde hair! She is darling! What a blondie boo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Lib, she's soooo beautiful, knew she would be. I'm so happy you all are healthy and happy.

    Love to all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Elizabeth and Peter, she is so beautiful! I love her little nose. I'm glad it's over for you, and now you get to start life as a little family. Get ready to take the back seat, cuz she'll rule the roost! (and that's not a bad thing, they're so precious and you get fall in love all over again!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohhh! She's beautiful! You do need to explain to Elise that the picture taking is something she will just have to get used to. It goes by so fast, you can never take to many pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congratulations! We're so happy that mommy and baby made it through safely and that everyone is now healthy and happy. We wish you lots of luck and we hope you enjoy it (it goes really fast!). Please, call us if there's ever anything you need... we can't wait for Elise and Nate to get together for a play date!

    ReplyDelete