Friday, June 12, 2009

Celebrating 1 whole week of keeping Elise alive!

We've made it 1 whole week with this new little human - in one sense it feels like a month has passed (so much has happened:  labor, more labor, delivery, recovery, hospital time, coming home, getting used to being home), and on the other hand it's hard to think that I've been a mommy an entire WEEK already!  Time is so strange I guess.  But Peter and I are really enjoying our new role as parents, and we are so blessed to have made it 1 week without any major hiccups or issues.  We're sort of getting into a routine (how much of a routine can you really get into after only 4 full days home?) and Peter has taken over the "midnight feedings" for now - which really helps  :)   Elise LOVES her time with Daddy during the nights!  Daddy has pretty much taken over the diaper-changing department as well, so you can imagine she spends a lot of time with him  :)  Elise is definitely an alert little baby, looking around often & lifting her head up as much as she possibly can.

Today we went to Elise's first doctor appointment...   I was very anxious to find out her weight, as she had lost 9% of her birth weight by the time we were discharged from the hospital.  Here are the stats:

Birth weight - 8# 14.5 oz
Discharge weight - 8#
1 week weight - 8# 8.5 oz

Suffice it to say, she's doing well!  I am comforted to know she is actually eating & gaining some weight - not that I was ever really concerned she wouldn't be properly nourished, but in learning to nurse Elise (& waiting for all the physical things to occur in order for nursing to happen), we've had some rough days of confusing feeding habits.

Anyway, we are so blessed to have this little one in our lives and are so grateful that God would entrust us with such a beautiful baby.  We love our Elise!

Enjoy the pictures!



Simply perfect!


Mmmm I love my Daddy :)


Meeting my cousin, Rori, for the first time!


Aunt Sari is so good at snuggling :)


A future suitor, perhaps?  Meeting Liam Keizers - a very handsome fellow!


Uncle Bryan just won't let me go - I've got him wrapped around my little finger already!


Not sure what I think about Mommy yet....  haha!


One of many smiles :)


Hanging out with Daddy and one of my sisters (Brie)


Me & Daddy


and finally, Daddy feeding me like he does every night....

4 comments:

  1. Sweet pictures, Ellie! Keep on pluggin' along---it will get easier! I think my fave pictures are the ones of Peter & his little girl, and the close-up of her smile. She is so chubby already! Good job! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of her and Peter is absolutely precious! Also, her double chin is ADORABLE! (The only age where it's acceptable to have a double chin! haha!)

    You're a fabulous mom Elizabeth. God will never give you anything you can't handle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough of her cuteness!!!

    ReplyDelete