Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Birthday....

Bryan and Callie!!!

Today is my brother-in-law's 30th birthday and Miss Callie Davis's 3rd birthday - a couple of big milestones!  (Okay, I don't know that turning 3 is a milestone, but having read the tribute to Callie earlier this morning on her mother's blog, I'll just pretend that it is a VERY important birthday.)   :)  So here's hoping the two birthday people have a fun day despite all this disgusting rain.  

In other news, I've been having tons and tons of Braxton Hicks contractions - mostly in the middle of the night when I'm sleeping.  Can't figure out why they always happen when I'm sleeping if BH contractions are supposed to be sporadic.  I've read that dehydration can play a part, but throughout the night alone I drink a good 24 oz. of water (during my potty breaks)!  What can I say - it's a slow news day.  So this kind of boring junk is all I have to talk about.

I feel like these 2-week appointments take longer to arrive than the monthly appointments I was having before.  I guess the growing anticipation of going to the doctor just makes time go by so slowlyyyyyy.  My next appointment is a week from today, at which point I'll be 33 1/2 weeks.  I'm just so curious to know how big I'll be measuring then and if I will, in fact, get to schedule an ultrasound to establish how big Elise is.  I feel like everything's riding on my belly's size right now...  simply because I wonder if the doctor will a) want to induce early so I don't deliver a 20-lb. baby or b) talk about the possibility of a C-section if I go full term and end up not being able to get this baby out!!!  I know I'm wayyyy over-braining this.  It's just exciting to think I could have a baby in 5, 6, 7 weeks....   Agh!!!  And then the curiosity begins of who she'll look like (hopefully Peter)!

Well that's about all the boredom I can come up with for now.  Be sure to check back in later if you need lulled to sleep or are in need of some mindless bathroom reading on your Blackberry.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    a) I don't own a Blackberry (but you're not boring),

    b) Thank you on behalf of my daughter for the birthday wishes (happy birthday to Bryan, too),

    &

    c) I predict you will go into labor on your own at 37.5 weeks and deliver on: May 19, 2009. Yes, your birthday...wouldn't that be sweet?!

    ~A

    ReplyDelete