Friday, April 17, 2009

33 weeks

Today I am 33 weeks along in this seemingly 10-year long pregnancy (it really has felt like forever).  I know I will look back when this is all over and think it just FLEW by, but that's simply not the case right now.  Right now, I'm being impatient!!!!  And the bad part is, I'm not impatient because I can't wait to be up all night feeding our new baby, dealing with inexplicable crying, and learning how to be a mom...  I'm impatient because I feel like crap!  :)  So it's selfish impatience that has me ready to be done with this pregnancy - not the anticipation of Elise's arrival.  Sounds pretty bad, right?  haha!  I'm already a bad mom, and the kid hasn't even arrived yet!  Sweet.

Don't mistake my impatience for not having enjoyed being pregnant.... I have enjoyed being pregnant in many ways.   And I'm also very thankful that my pregnancy hasn't been replete with feeling sick all the time, needing to be on bedrest, or any other horror story many women unfortunately deal with.  It's just the normal things that have grown to be irritating:  heartburn, many many many sleepless nights, twisting my feet into awkward positions just so I can reach down to tie my shoes, needing a forklift to extract me from my bed, feeling exhausted, back aches, and most of all - carrying 30 extra pounds that my body just isn't used to hauling around.

It's really pretty pathetic that I even took the time to write those down!  It's the typical list that every pregnant woman compiles when venting about her discomfort.... And who am I to think I deserve any pity for it?  That's just silly.  What I'm trying to learn (although late in the game) is that I'm no one special in this pregnancy experience, and the things that plague me have also plagued everyone else who's ever been pregnant.  I shouldn't feel entitled to complain about a single thing!  I will publicly apologize now to Peter for whining and complaining about my discomfort and impatience every single day...  I am sorry!  :)   Pregnancy is a BLESSING, and children are certainly a blessing.  So the fact that I still managed to arrive at a point of complaining about the process is embarrassing!  Bottom line:  I will make a point to be 100% positive about the remainder of my pregnancy.  

Anyway - all that to say that today I am 33 weeks pregnant.  If I'm this verbose now, can you even imagine reading my posts when I have an actual BABY to talk about?!  You'd better delete this blog from your list before your index finger begins to spasm uncontrollably from the constant scrolling down on my page......

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, you probably won't be able to blog, even tho you will have a thousand or more things to say! It's actually kind of cute that you think that. And whining about the end of pregnancy is totally allowed, b/c you are dealing with one of the most difficult things a woman can do, and no man could ever do-grow a person-so enjoy it and dislike it all you want. And talk about it, b/c any woman that's been there, doesn't mind at all if you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a trip! And I agree with the above statesments that you are SO allowed to whine all you want! It's really the only time in life you can get away with constant complaining without people rolling their eyes or talking about you behind you back. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete