Monday, April 20, 2009

34 week appointment

Okay so today was my 34 week appointment (even though, like last time, I'm just 2 days in to the 34th week, but who cares right?)....  I thought my appointment was at 11:20am, as that was my appt time 2 weeks ago and the appt coming up in 2 weeks.  But no, my appointment was at 3:00pm.  So I was definitely a little early.  

Anyway, that was basically the only semi-interesting part of the day.  I saw one of the other doctors in the practice (Dr. Asdell) who was very nice, but I definitely missed seeing my own doctor who knows my history - especially this far along in the game.  It would've been fine to meet other doctors at 20 weeks when nothing is happening, but now that I'm nearing the end, I want to see my doctor as much as possible so she can put all the pieces together & determine what's best for me & the baby.  That probably sounds anal, but it's my first pregnancy and you're supposed to be anal.  She measured my belly at 35cm (same as two weeks ago), so I'm still measuring 2 weeks big, but that's not out of the ordinary.  So who knows if I'll get to have an ultrasound in a couple weeks or not  :(  I was hoping I'd be like 50 cm (just kidding) so I could a) have an ultrasound and b) have this baby early!  I am sooooo aiming for a May baby.  Please oh please oh please.

I went to set up the remainder of my appointments, and lo & behold, two of my upcoming appointments are not with my doctor either!  Argh!!!  (One is with the 3rd doc in the practice, and the other is with a nurse practioner I haven't yet met - so that one will be good.)  At least I get to see Dr. Boyer next week (for the nitty gritty 36 week check-up).

Wow I really am a boring blogger.  

I'll post some pics soon from my awesome baby showers that took place over the weekend - one was hosted by my aunt & the other by Andrea, Amy, & Cat.  They were both soooo much fun (and soooo tiring!)...  Pictures (a la Kathi) to come soon  :)

4 comments:

  1. Waiting for pictures...lalala...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a little early huh? I know that it is it rude to be late, so I guess that makes you SUPER considerate ;)

    can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May baby??? I thought you were going to wait for me!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete