Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1

Happy April everyone!  I don't have any good April Fool's stories to tell...  the only thing I could think of doing was telling my sister I was having contractions.  She said "really?!" and I immediately told her I was kidding.  It was funny for like half a second.  That's all I could think of.  Pretty lame.

Bible study was sooooo great this morning...  It wasn't our typical format of 1 hour of group lesson followed by 1 hour of lecture.  Instead, it was 2 full hours of group time where we brought in breakfast, stuffed our faces, and talked.  The "homework" had been to think of how Jesus has shown he lovingly cares for each one of us with the intention of sharing it with the group this morning.  I found that to be a pretty loaded question & one way too easy to answer, just because there are countless ways Jesus cares for me each and every day.  So I decided just to tell the group how he has blessed me with Peter as a husband, and how he worked out the details of bringing the two of us together so perfectly.  It sounds like a dumb story, or one that so many other people could claim for their own lives too, but that doesn't mean it wasn't exceptionally woven together especially for me.  I am just so thankful that the Lord protected me from making so many foolish decisions & instead put EVERY single specific detail in order so that I could end up with the most loving, Christ-centered husband in the world!  (Okay, at least he's the most loving & Christ-centered husband in the world I live in)  :)   Oh, and of course, I started crying while telling the story so I only got out like one sentence.  My Bible study group probably has no idea what I was even trying to say - guess they should read my blog!

Anyway, just thought I'd share how great our God is that he can make even the simplest things come together in miraculous ways (not that getting married is simple, but we often take it for granted).

So on that serious note, any good April fool's pranks you want to share?!?  

3 comments:

  1. See, I understand now why you are so hard on my with my lack of blogging... my brain SO does not work like yours! I mean, you have funny/interesting random things to say/blog about and I... don't. I have had some pics and videos to post ever since we've been home, but I just can't take the time to put them on the blog. What a bum, I know! Anyway, have a happy April and you look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welll, you're amazing.


    and i love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ some point, you and I should get together, and you can tell me how you and Peter came to be you and Peter. Or, maybe yous hould post it on here, that way if you start crying, it won't matter, you'll still be able to tell the whole story. And, you may not realise who I am...Peggy Elliott from Sanctuary/CCG. So excited for your little baby!

    ReplyDelete