Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's that time again....

It's Thursday, and if anyone still even looks at my blog, you know what that means..... WEIGHT CHECK TIME!

Here's the scoop:

Before feeding - 13# 4.3oz
After feeding - 13# 10.9oz

Wow! She ate 6.5 oz in one feeding - that's quite a bit for an 8-week-old. I'm beyond thankful that God has given us such a healthy baby girl. I am so blessed to have been spared the stress that so many moms face when their baby isn't gaining weight. I know my troubles will come - and perhaps they're just around the corner - but I am still praising Jesus for blessing us abundantly in this area. What a great God we serve.

Well I've finally started exercising (1st time since mid-pregnancy)... and all I can say is OUCH!! I can't believe how certain muscles in my body have just atrophied altogether! After my first run of the "postpartum exercise season," my quads hurt so badly (for 2 full days) that I was unable to squat down to pick up anything, or even sit down in a chair! It's been pretty pathetic. Today I went out for my 2nd run, hoping to get over this horrible quad pain sooner or later. Regardless of pain, I'm not going to give up. I love the way I feel when I'm in great running shape, and I also love being able to wear normal clothes! These maternity clothes must be retired pronto.

Elise and I have had a great time helping my grandparents move into their new house over the past couple weeks... I've been able to get a lot of work done on my grandma's behalf while she has the pleasure of holding the precious baby girl :) It's a great trade-off, as I have missed being productive due to being tied down with a little one, and Gram just loves holding her great-granddaughter. So it's been a fun & worthwhile couple weeks.

I think that's about all I can come up with for this post. Now those of you who have blogs of your own are instructed to update accordingly! If you had time to read this, you have time to write something yourself :)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that a 6.6 ounce feed? We all know I'm not too good at math, but...=)

    Can't believe your girl is almost 2 (calendar) months old! Glad to hear you're motivated to be working out. If you need a running buddy on the south side, I'm available...and really slow. =)

    ReplyDelete