Thursday, July 2, 2009

For Grandma Joey...

Since I know Grandma Joey checks this blog everyday, this one's for you, Grandma!

I must apologize for having gone an entire week without posting, but I really didn't have much to post about nor had I uploaded pictures to put up until recently.... but now your blog-stalking appetites may be sated!

Today I returned to the Thursday breastfeeding group at the hospital to see how much Elise is weighing these days.

Before weight: 10# 9.7 oz
After weight: 10# 13.9oz

By next week we'll be past the 11-pound mark!

Nursing is still going well & we are VERY thankful for that. The middle-of-the-night feedings are improving, mostly because I'm now used to it. Peter gives me a break most nights & will give Elise a bottle, allowing me to sleep through one feeding. But one feeding is all I can skip! I think it's the 3 or 4am feeding that's the worst. I'll feed Elise around 10 or 11pm, put her to sleep, wrap things up myself and I'll finally go to bed around 12am... then I'm up again at 1 or 1:30am. That part is okay because it's still "night time" to me (I justify this because I used to be a late late late nighter & was used to going to bed around 1 or 2am in my single days!). However, when I go back to bed and am up again at 3 or 4am, I am completely out of it. Ugh! But we make it, and before I know it Elise will no longer require a 3 or 4am feeding and I may just miss it :)

I can't believe she will be 4 weeks old tomorrow!!! In one sense, it has felt like we've had her for months already, but on the other hand I can't believe I already have a one-month-old.

In other news.......

Philip & Kandi arrived to town Tuesday evening from Oklahoma City! Elise was so excited to see her Aunt Kandi and Uncle Philip :) Last night we had a family get-together so Kandi could meet & get to know the family members that weren't able to go to the wedding last November. It was a fun evening of sitting around, talking, and passing the baby around! We have another get-together Saturday for friends to meet Kandi. Hopefully the weather holds out so we can enjoy the 4th of July OUTSIDE!

Okay, enough talk - here are some pics:

Daddy & his girls at lunch last weekend!


Rori making a silly face at the camera :)


Cousin Rori & Aunt Bek with Elise


Uncle Andy and the adorable Nike running shoes he got Elise!


Brie is on high alert watching over her sissy


Patriotic Cousins!


Lucy decided to bury herself underneath the pillows I had stacked up on the chair :)


This is how Elise fell asleep in the swing the other day - too cute!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that it has been a month already! MAN, time files!

    Love the picture of your dad and all the ladies of his life (minus your mom), so sweet!

    You're doing a great job mommacita, keep it up! those late night zombie moments will be over soon.

    Hope you had an amazing 4th! Love to you!!

    ReplyDelete