Friday, August 28, 2009

Weight check & the Jumperoo!

Yesterday we went to nursing group to get Miss Elise weighed. She came in at....

15# 6.2 oz!

She has been gaining approximately 1/2 pound per week for the last month and a half or so - I think it's great, Peter thinks it's great, Elise's doctor thinks it's great, but my grandmother thinks Elise needs to go on a diet. Ha ha! Sorry, Gram - I'm ignoring your 'wisdom' on this one (How, after all, does a breastfed baby go on a diet?).

Also making headline news in the Chapman household is the addition of a jumperoo! Elise has been bearing weight on her legs since I first held her in the hospital (seriously!), and for the past 12 weeks it's been a fun exercise to let her stand up & sit down while holding her. However, the laundry, dishes, mail, etc have been piling up and kind of needed to be dealt with :) So we added a jumperoo to our lot of baby accoutrements & so far it has been a big help! (Although Elise is "hefty" for her age, she has yet to reach the height needed to really get her feet on the ground while using the jumperoo... I keep a photo album underneath her for now so she's able to stand/jump on something!)

Enjoy the chatty video :)

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth came up and said, Ohh, I want to see her! She's so cute! My sentiments exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh my gosh!!!

    she is adorable!!!


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Where's the 3 month post?!?!

    ReplyDelete