Friday, August 14, 2009

All Sorts of NEWS!

I'll start off with the boring stuff: Elise's weekly weight check!

Yesterday at our nursing group, she weighed 14# 7.4 oz before eating & 14# 12.9 oz after eating! What a big girl (but we already knew that, right?)

Next up: Elise's 2-month appointment

Althought her 2-month doctor appointment was predominantly a "well check" (just to see how perfect & wonderful our little girl is), it was also the dreaded vaccination appointment. I actually wasn't anxious about Elise getting all those shots, but it's also not something any mom really gets excited about :) (Forgive the placement of a preposition at the end of that sentence - I know it must be awfully disturbing to so many of you!)

Anyway, Elise did really well during her shots... She screamed while receiving the vaccinations, but as soon as the needles were gone & I picked her up, she didn't even whine. That just goes to show she's on her way to becoming a very spoiled brat, huh? Haha! In the future, I'll just throw her out on the street until she quits crying...... uh, just kidding :)

You already know her weight (which is above the 97th percentile), so I'll just tell you her length: 23 1/2" (50th percentile)... yup, our baby is short & fat! We love it though - and we're well aware that those kind of measurements are very common for breastfed babies. Once she starts rolling around & crawling, things will even out. For now, I LOVE holding her chubby little body in my arms and kissing her chubby cheeks.

Okay now for the super duper exciting news:

I'm going to be an aunt again!!!!!!

Peter's twin brother, Philip, and his wife are expecting their first baby in April 2010! We are so excited for them & hope Kandi enjoys her pregnancy. I, being the extremely impatient person I am, will probably be the most anxious of all for this baby to arrive. I just can't wait!

Well I can't top that with anything, so I'll call it quits til next time..... See ya!


4 comments:

  1. Umm, Pictures? It's great to hear about baby chub, but pictures of baby chub I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she did so well with the shots...I for one still cry like a little baby around needles, so Elise and I are on the page.

    Glad to hear you'll be an aunt again soon. I can't wait for my turn to be an aunt again...my new nephew Karson is due in early September. :)

    ReplyDelete