Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finally!

Sorry to have left you hanging for almost TWO weeks (wow, I've been slacking!), but to be fair, we were out of town for 4 full days and I didn't want to broadcast that fact until we had already returned. That said, Peter & I packed up the baby girl and Brie (Lucy stayed in Greenwood with her grandparents!) & we headed north for an extended weekend. Well, "extended" only describes my weekend - Peter still worked Thursday and Friday, but because his work took him to Ft. Wayne and Chicago on those days, I tagged along and we ended up in Michigan to visit some friends. Do any of you really care about the details? Didn't think so....

Anyway, we stayed with our friends, Chris & Jill Chambers, who just had a baby as well - Luke was born July 10 (exactly 5 weeks younger than Elise). It was so fun to see a smaller baby when, in my mind, I assumed he'd be about the same size as ours. I guess 5 weeks makes a big difference when they're this young :) Luke isn't a SMALL baby either... he was 9# 5oz at birth! But Elise is definitely the chunky one in comparison at this stage. I'm sure it'll all even out in a few months.

Unfortunately, because Peter & I left Thursday morning, I didn't get to go to nursing group & see how much Elise weighed last week. I'm excited to go this Thursday and jot down how much she's gained. I love knowing what she weighs each week - probably because I'm OCD about random facts. Nonetheless, it's what I consider fun, so that's why I go :)

Alright alright! I'll share some pictures now! (Just for you, Peggy)......


Babies Luke & Elise

Jill, Luke, and Calvin (Brie's soulmate)!

Sushi pic - BEFORE

Sushi pic - AFTER

Double fisting

Mommas & babies switching it up

1 comment: